i hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited
Naoko Takeuchi: Why she kicks ass
- She is a Japanese manga artist, whose works have a wide following among anime and manga fans worldwide. Her most popular work, Sailor Moon, rose to become one of the most recognized manga and anime products of all time.
- Seriously, all hail the Queen of Awesome.
- She graduated from Kyoritsu University of Pharmacy, where she received a degree in chemistry. (Kyoritsu University of Pharmacy merged with Keio University in 2006.) She became a licensed pharmacist. Her senior thesis had the title “Heightened Effects of Thrombolytic Actions Due to Ultrasound”
- At the age of 19 she published Love Call, which received an award. She worked steadily on one-shot pieces until writing Maria. She based this work, her first serial comic, loosely on Daddy-Long-Legs and on her friend Marie Koizumi, who helped her write it. She also had another serial call The Cherry Project, which ran for three volumes and dealt with skating.
- Upon completing The Cherry Project she wanted to do a manga on outer space and girl fighters. Her editor Fumio Osano (nicknamed Osa-P) asked her to put the fighters in sailor-suits, and thus began Sailor V. When plans began to turn Sailor V into an anime, she reworked the series and added four other Sailor Soldiers. This became Sailor Moon, which proved a hit. While she worked on Sailor Moon she also simultaneously worked on Sailor V.
- Takeuchi established a company, “PNP” which stands for “Princess Naoko Planning”, to manage her properties, mainly Sailor Moon. Later this encompassed Yoshihiro Togashi’s work as well and showed up in the credits for such anime as Level E and Hunter × Hunter, and on several musical credits such as Shin Kaguya Shima Densetsu. Takeuchi runs the company herself.
- After production of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon ended, she worked on Toki*Meca. During Toki*Meca Fumio Osano returned and became her editor. At the same time she worked more closely with managing PNP and gave talks to college students.
- Simultaneously she wrote a children’s book titled Oboo-nu- to Chiboo-nu- as a birthday present to her son. (Her husband illustrated the children’s book. She made mention of it in the back of volume 1 of Toki*Meca.) She still works on the website, updating it about once a month with new flash animations or profiles.
you know what should be a thing? like, marriage, except it’s for friends
and you have this big ceremony thing where all your friends and family are there and you say that you wanna be best bros for life and shit
and on the night of the ceremony you dont have sex but you get a hotel room and eat pizza and play video games or have a marathon of your favourite tv show and then you go on a bronymoon
you guys will never understand my hatred for the tumblr app i just spent like half an hour trying to get back to a post after the app crashed and then it does the same shit again
i can’t believe the teen titans bought tumblr
A Glasgow nightclub has installed a two-way mirror which allows male revellers in private booths to spy on unsuspecting women as they visit the toilet! With no notification or signage anywhere in the venue many female club goers have been left feeling embarrassed and used. Although they do briefly show the mirrors in a promo video, the club has been quickly deleting comments and posts on their social media from club goers trying to alert others to the situation. This is pretty much illegal and hugley violates privacy. Thank you The Shimmy Club for giving us a shiny, new, creative and cool take on objectification.
i’m never leaving my house again, this world is just too fucked up.
gross gross gross gross gross
Good morning disgusting.
- “No space, leave the place” (fingernail test)
- A two way mirror must be set INTO the wall, not placed on top of it.
- If you rap/knock against the mirror, one installed onto a wall (a normal mirror) will make a dull sound, because there’s something behind it. A two-way will have more reverberation.
- Use the flashlight on your phone to shine on the mirror, if it’s a two-way, you’ll be able to see into the other room.
- You can also shield your eyes and see in if you lean up against the glass.
- The room being viewed will have to be brightly lit (10x brighter than the room looking in), so if you’re in a typical dimly lit club bathroom, you’re ok.
Spread the word, but that advice about detecting two-way mirrors is false.
I love you Hub. Love you.
it’s almost summerr ✿
Happy catchy Caravan Palace songs…
(Source: annunnaki, via superdiduper)
“Finally we are one.”